Shovelhead primary case J&P Cycles Technical Forums
clutch/primary setup, I would disassemble the clutch pack, clean everything with brake cleaner, sand the metal plates to remove the glazing and throw it back together.... If you want to eliminate most of the "rattle", any clutch "grabbiness", and have a pretty much worry free clutch, here's a solution. 5 stud clutch hub, a Big+Fix wide bearing kit, a Tamer, a Barnett wet-or-dry clutch, a set of Barnett heavy-duty springs (only use 5 of them, keep the other 5 stock), seal off all holes into or out of the primary
Closed Belt Drives for Shovelhead/Panhead/Knucklehead
7/10/2011 · It's definately not from the outer primary cover. I just had that off about a month ago so the gasket is new. When I stick my hand under the primary below the clutch and reach behind I can feel the leak so I know it's not coming from the outside cover.... Kits to convert your Shovelhead to a final belt drive Mullie Motors offers complete kits for the conversion of (late) shovelheads from final chain drive to final belt drive.
10/05/2016 · How to adjust a primary chain on Shovelheads how to choose a color from wunderbrow 19/04/2009 · It had 20W-50 with every oil change right up until I totaled the bike in '04. The bike was my primary cross-country ride, with 78K miles on it when it came off the road. The bike was my primary cross-country ride, with 78K miles on it when it came off the road.
Eliminating Oil Leaks HRBW Tech - Leak Proof Primary
SOURCE: how to replace starter 1976 harley shovelhead. First disconnect battery from the bike. Then take off the bracket on the backside of the starter (rt side of bike) Then using a long extension you need to reach through the bike and take off two bolts. how to change needle size in knitting pattern Kits to convert your Shovelhead to a final belt drive Mullie Motors offers complete kits for the conversion of (late) shovelheads from final chain drive to final belt drive.
How long can it take?
How to remove starter on 79 harley shovelhead Fixya
- inner primary leaking Harley Davidson Forums
- Straight 60 weight in a Harley Shovelhead Bob Is The Oil Guy
- shovelhead oil leaks HD Forums Australia
- Shovelhead 4 Speed Clutch Adjustments FunnyDog.TV
How To Change A Shovelhead To A Bath Primary
I have a 1980 fxwg shovelhead with original 4 speed, id like to change over to a rev tech 6 int 4 with kicker marked up to 84 shovel is it a direct bolt in? its got a belt drive primary. stock swingar …
- Oil Bath Primary - Sealing your Primary Oiler It's easy to isolate the primary, you can do it when the bike is assembled, but a cleaner job can be done by taking parts off (ya' need to pull the inner primary and oil pump to permanently plug the connections off with pipe plugs, but you can get by with just cutting the hoses and inserting a bolt
- Aaron will replace the mainshaft seal and the starter shaft seal before reassembly. The key to sealing the primary is to seal-off every place that oil can escape. Phil Day saw the oil escaping past the bolts that fasten the inner cover to the engine and transmission.
- 20/05/2017 · A primary chain typically lasts forever compared to a primary belt. With that said, I ran a BDL 1.5" primary belt in my HD shovelhead for years without a single problem. Clutch worked great as well, though the oil tends to dampen noise, cools it, and extends its life. I also do not like compensators. I find belt primary's are smooth as silk for power transfer.
- How To Adjust The Primary Chain On A Harley-Davidson Evolution Motorcycle The Harley-Davidson Motor Company produced the Evolution engines from 1984 through the early 2000s, offering a Big Twin Evolution engine as well as a Sportster Evolution engine.