c# Using xml for a configuration file - Stack Overflow
An element within a configuration file refers to a basic XML element or a section. The basic element is a simple XML tag with related attributes. A section coincides with a basic element. Complex sections can contain one or more basic elements, a collection of elements, and other sections. This class represents the XML data stored in the shiSettings section in the configuration file. Basically... 11/06/2006 · I've started using serialization to store applicaiton configuration in my simpler apps. I create objects that contain all my config data and then serialize it to Xml.
Four Ways to Read Configuration Setting in C# CodeProject
28/08/2012 · I have a simple console application that must have some lists stored in the App.config file. I have been trying to read from the config file all afternoon without success, using the ConfigurationManager class.... 29/10/2010 · To add an XML configuration file you just add an XML file to your project. Right click on the project, Add - New Item - then select XML File and enter the name of the file. Right click on the project, Add - New Item - then select XML File and enter the name of the file.
Creating a custom Configuration Section in .NET
16/03/2018 · By adding an application configuration file (app.config file) to a C# project, you can customize how the common language runtime locates and loads assembly files. how to become a personal trainer in bc canada 3/08/2012 · Hello, I want to read and write xml configuration file using C#. Can anybody help me out. XmlReader is not able to use,as configuration file has little different structure than pure xml file.
Creating a 100Custom.xml configuration file IBM
Over the years, I found that standardizing a configuration file format for my applications can save me a lot of time and effort. However, picking a format is not so trivial. There are many choices such as the DOS way, UNIX way, Apache way, and about hundreds other ways. So to make life easier, I how to create at chart The main idea is to create class which holds configuration data and then, serialize it to a file using XmlSerializer. Classes that can be serialized using XML must be declared as public and have a parameterless constructor. Also serialized members must be public.
How long can it take?
Read custom configuration file in C# (Framework 4.0
- Using the Settings file in C# Dave on C-Sharp
- C# Application Configuration Basics – Farhan Nasim
- Help with creating an XML config file Polycom Community
- Read custom configuration file in C# (Framework 4.0
How To Create Xml Configuration File In C#
Configuration errors can also be extremely cryptic, e.g. a recent issue in an XML config file was reported by .Net as "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect". Googling this leads you to believe that your .Net installation is corrupt. In the end, it was just a missing character in the config file - spare your users and support staff the pain and
- Although configuring can be done programmatically, it can also be done with XML Config files. Why would you prefer config files over code changes? Simple, it's far easier to have a support guy make a change to a config file than have to get a programmer to change code, test and redeploy a new version. So config files are the way to go. The simplest possible path is to add App.config your
- My opinion is that it is overkill to create a generic method if you have only one kind of configuration file in your app. This method might be hard to read for a maintainer who is not sufficiently comfortable with generics and it has no benefit in making your code DRY-er if you have only one type of configuration file.
- Hello, Need to create a config file (text file) that contains metrix associated with parameters. Application design doesn't store info need a quick workaround.
- After adding an App.config file to a C# .NET Framework v1.1 project in Visual Studio 2003 I noticed that in the debug\bin directory a *.exe.config file was created as well as the App.config file. I would like to have only the App.config file in my root project directory without the creation of the *.exe.config file.