Using Hoppes 9 for corrosive ammo in Mosin The High Road
25/08/2011 · Corrosive ammo will not hurt them one whit IF you know how to clean up after using it, and then DO IT. If you are too lazy to do that, you deserve the damage you will suffer. If you are too lazy to do that, you deserve the damage you will suffer.... 6/08/2011 · Your aim in cleaning a firearm is to flush and remove the corrosive salts from the bore and bolt. With corrosive ammo it isn't the powder that's corrosive, it's the chlorate Berdan primer. Dissolving, diluting, and washing away these corrosive chlorite salts from spent chlorate primers is absolutely key to preventing barrel and bolt rust.
How would you clean a Garand after shooting corrosive ammo?
14/04/2013 · Forgot to clean Mosin after shooting corrosive ammo If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.... 31/03/2014 · I used to have an easy way to clean my Mosins after shooting corrosive ammo.I bought a transmission funnel (cheap plastic one), I ground the tip to fit tight in my chamber then heated it slightly to bend a crook in the last inch or two so It would seal in the chamber.Then I poured hot soapy water through the funnel then cleaned as normal.
tarnish vs corrosion on surplus ammo M14 Forum
3/12/2010 · Corrosive ammo can also mean the primer has mercury, which is corrosive to the inside of your barrel. It is only of concern if not cleaned properly with a quality bore cleaner, any GI bore cleaner is sufficient to remove the corrosive primer deposits. how to download pictures onto ipad from mac computer 21/10/2004 · Clean after shooting corrosive ammo by flushing with hot, soapy water. Here's how I do it. Here's how I do it. I put about 1-1/2 inch of hot soapy water into a 1 qt container (metal is best).
Will windex neutralize corrosive ammo forever (for good
5/11/2013 · I have my Mosin and liked the cheap part about the corrosive ammo but not the cleaning part.I forgot to use soapy water the first time,but using water to clean a gun just seems foreign to me. how to clean sweat stains 13/03/2012 · After that use your normal cleaning technique and products. The only commercial bore cleaner that I'm aware of that specifically mentions on the label that it is suitable for use with corrosive ammo is Hoppes #9.
How long can it take?
Cleaning your CZ after firing corrosive ammo czechpistols
- Cleaning SR556 after shooting Corrosive ammo? Ruger Forum
- Cleaning After Shooting Corrosive Ammo
- cleaning after corrosive ammo?!?!? Oklahoma Shooters
- How long is too long to wait to clean a gun? Gun Hub
How To Clean Your Rifle After Corrosive Ammo
30/01/2018 · Say for example if you shoot Yugo 7.62x39 ammo through your SKS or AK47, be prepared to clean your rifle including chamber, bore, gas valve, and gas system with a WATER based product like M Pro7, Simple Green, Windex, etc. Then dry completely and clean with quality oil based products like Break Free, Kroil, etc.
- “Corrosive” ammo isn’t in itself corrosive. What it does is leaves a type of salt all over the gun after firing, in the action, and in the barrel. When moisture combines with that salt, you get basically the same reaction as seawater on metal. What you need to do is simply clean out the salt
- 25/04/2017 · Blog Administrator - If your firearm is corroded from Military Surplus Ammo or Ammo that has been Coated with either a Polymer Coating or Lacquer, the best method is to pre-clean it with Windex containing Ammonia immediately after shooting.
- 4/07/2013 · Corrosive Ammo - How do you Clean your 700. This is a discussion on Corrosive Ammo - How do you Clean your 700 within the Cleaning/Maintenance forums, part of the Technical category; I'm a new owner of a 700.
- 20/03/2010 · After that, clean as you would with your favorite cleaner and oil. I have a few gazillions rounds of corrosive ammo, and besides using it my bolt actions, it's all I use in my Hakim semi-auto, FN-49 semi auto, and PSL semi-auto.